AMC FearFest

AMC will bring back its “Fearfest” programming event this year, with movies including Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Child’s Play, Leprachaun, and Dawn of the Dead. Fear Fest officially begins this year on Monday, October 23rd and lasts up until Halloween day.

*date/times are subject to change -all times shown in Eastern*
(Last updated on 10/18/17)

Friday, October 13, 2017

• 1:00am – Aliens vs. Predator
  • 3:00am – Return to House on Haunted Hill
  • 11:00am – Snakes on a Plane
  • 1:00pm – Aliens vs. Predator
  • 8:00pm – Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
  • 9:59pm – Freddy vs. Jason
  • 11:58pm – Jazon X

Saturday, October 14, 2017

• 4:01am – A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
  • 10:00am – Cujo
  • 12:00pm – Dreamcatcher
  • 3:00pm – Christine
  • 5:00pm – Silver Bullet
  • 7:00pm – Thinner

Monday, October 16, 2017

• 9:00am – Tales from the Crypt Presents Demon Knight
  • 10:30am – The Amityville Horror (1979)

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

• 9:00am – Tales from the Darkside: The Movie
  • 10:30am – Firestarter

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

• 9:00am – Tales from the Crypt Presents Bordello of Blood
  • 10:30am – The Dead Zone

Thursday, October 19, 2017

• 9:00am – Graveyard Shift
  • 11:00am – Army of Darkness

Monday, October 23, 2017

• 9:00am – Halloween (1978)
  • 11:00am – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
  • 1:00pm – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • 3:00pm – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • 5:00pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 7:00pm – Halloween II
  • 9:30pm – Halloween (1978)
  • 11:30pm – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

• 9:30am – Scream 4
  • 12:00pm – Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
  • 2:00pm – Jason X
  • 4:00pm – Curse of Chucky
  • 6:00pm – Cult of Chucky
  • 8:00pm – Annabelle
  • 10:15pm – Carrie (1976)

Thursday, October 26, 2017

• 9:00am – Hellraiser: Revelations
  • 10:30am – Van Helsing
  • 1:30pm – Slither
  • 3:30pm – Jeepers Creepers
  • 5:30pm – Wes Craven’s New Nightmare
  • 8:00pm – Freddy vs. Jason
  • 10:00pm – A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Saturday, October 28, 2017

• 9:00pm – Leprechaun 3
  • 11:00pm – Leprechaun 4 in Space

Sunday, October 29, 2017

• 1:00am – Leprechaun in the Hood
  • 3:00am – Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood
  • 5:00am – Exorcist II: The Heretic
  • 7:30am – Night of the Living Dead (1990)
  • 9:29am – Army of Darkness
  • 11:26am – House of the Dead
  • 1:25pm – House of the Dead 2
  • 3:25pm – Land of the Dead
  • 5:25pm – Dawn of the Dead

Monday, October 30, 2017

• 4:00am – Return to House on Haunted Hill
  • 5:45am – Voodoo Woman
  • 9:00am – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 11:00am – Halloween II
  • 1:30pm – Halloween (1978)
  • 3:30pm – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
  • 5:30pm – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • 7:30pm – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • 9:30pm – Halloween (1978)
  • 11:30pm – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

• 1:30am – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • 3:30am – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • 5:30am – Invasion of Neptune Men
  • 5:45am – The Creation of the Humanoids
  • 9:00am – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
  • 11:00am – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • 1:00pm – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • 3:00pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 5:00pm – Halloween II
  • 7:30pm – Halloween (1978)
  • 9:30pm – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
  • 11:30pm – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers

Archives

176 thoughts on “AMC FearFest

1. You kind of do the same movies every year. What ever happened to playing the Universal Monster movies or how about bringing back the Hammer Films Monster series. I used to watch this whenever I could but it has become so stagnant and predictable.

1. I agree, they show the same Friday the 13th and Halloween movies every year. Monsterfest was much better.
      Its like whoever programs the movies doesn’t even care and just looks back at previous years and copies the schedule. Its a shame I really used to look forward to the shows they had on AMC back in the days of Monsterfest. I keep having hope every year but I almost feel like Linus setting in the pumpkin patch waiting on the great pumpkin!

2. Yes I agree with this too. I’d much rather see the “classics” even though most of them are in 1:33-1 format – they are better movies and not all about psycho killers. The holiday Halloween is not about psycho killers!

3. I agree. Monster Fest was far better. I miss the greater variety of monster/horror films that AMC used to run in October. I’m sick and tired of watching “Halloween” marathons on AMC. Also, the entire Tremors series? Are you kidding me? Those films are terrible, and not even in a good way. Another disappointing year….

4. I’m right there with you. There’s only so much Halloween and Friday the 13th you can stomach year after year. The classic old movies may be kinds holey but were cool for their time.

2. both AMC and TCM has gotten to be very redundant with October Halloween scary/horror movie selections…over and over each year same-o-same-o….you mean to tell me with all the so called “horror” movies even silent movies since inception, even with Bud A. and Lou Costello…Bowery Boys…Bob Hope etc. etc. etc. someone has to come up with a better selection…..like they say in the NFL….you all deserve a “ComeOnMan”!!!!!

1. I sent AMC an email detailing this same issue. It is terrible. And, the marathon should be the entire month of October to get all of these movies in

1. There needs to be more variety: The old Maniac, the classic horrors of dracula, the wolfman, frankenstein, abbot and costello meet frankenstein, the creature from the black lagoon, the scream’s, the godzilla movies, The Thing, The original Psycho, etc. Not just the same Halloween, Friday the 13th and Stephen King movies.

1. Can amc ever play the texas chainsaw massacre? And they do show the tremors movies every year. Why?

3. I would love to see the Howling and also some of of your classic horror movies such as the original wolfman and dracula.

4. How can they not show The Exorcist one of the best horror movies off all time. Or Stephen Kings IT. The Strangers was also a good one. Jason X stinks. They should show Jason Goes To Hell.

5. I would like to see the original Dawn of the Dead on fear fest. I know it’s a pretty long movie but it is a cult classic. It’s not fear fest unless you have a great Zombie movie on.

6. Please, please, please, bring back some of the older “classic” monster movies. How many times can I see the same movies year after year. Mix it up a bit and bring back the classics that paved the way for the movies we have today.

7. Agreed, tremors,Cujo, and Thinner are not even Halloweenmovies. Play the old classics along with the original Halloween. Then mix in some Exorcist and movies that make you jump. The whole point is to entertain the same movies over and over are boring .. Sorry AMC but you are missing the mark !

8. Agree with so many of the comments. Halloween is meant to SCARE YOU! Shut the lights and hide your eyes. Tremors? Really? Plus way too much Chunky and too many sequels. The originals are the classics and the genuine scary movies…HALLOWEEN, FRIDAY THE 13th, PSYCHO…these are great. I see Jeepers Creepers 2 but no original. That is an under appreciated flick.

9. This line up is incredibly disappointing – why is it the same movie line up year after year? I agree – show more of the monster movie classics from 30/ and 40s; Blair Witch Project ?? Exorcist? The Howling? Even some classic B movies from 60s and 70s…

10. I personally think EVERY halloween movie should be played including Halloween H20 and the original version as well as the new Halloween(Rob Zombie)films should play.. I am a horror movie freak and Cujo and tremors are not scary movies that should be played during FEAR FEST.. We need REAL HORROR MOVIES hell i would rather see Scream 1-4 as well as I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER instead of TREMORS

11. I know you have a limited line up with the same movies every year, but can’t you try a little harder getting other good horror movies. Movies like Psycho, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, and don’t forget about the Dracula movies with Bela Lugosi, or the Wolfman with Lon Chaney Jr., and of course Frankenstein with Boris Karloff. Night of the Living Dead (Black & White) original, Poltergeist, the Omen, Silence of the Lambs. It would be nice to show a little more than the same movies and repeat them endlessly for the final weeks of October. I guess I’m hoping for to much from AMC.

1. .whom ever the genius is who came up with the idea of all these Walking Dead episodes, he should be canned. If you don’t follow this show, then half of FearFest is a waste. If you wanna learn about the show, who the hell can stay up all night to get caught up on them so you know what the hells going on. Movies people, we want movies, and different ones at that. Old, new, outdated, what ever, just movies. Half of FearFest has been wasted by your geniuses. Next year get it right…for a change.

1. I agree with you it is crazy to have the shows on when most customers are at work. They did a terrible job this year.

2. I am really disappointed with AMC this year. All they are showing is the TWD. What about all the other greats they have left out!!! Thumbs down!!

1. They show the Exorcist, and other good Halloween movies, but at a time when people are at work, then we get to come home to The Walking Dead! That is so dreadfully dull!! Won’t be watching this year it’s all a big disappointment!

12. I liked it a lot better years ago when you used to show a lot of older, classic horror films. I miss the old Universal and Hammer horror movies! Now it just seems to mostly be the same few slasher films repeated over and over.

13. I’ve been watching fear fest since I was five (1998) I grew up every Halloween watching it with my dad. I remember how great it used to be, what happened? The movies are the same every year with a few movies added in here and there. …. Why can’t fear fest be all October like syfi 31 days of Halloween? I love horror movies and I love Halloween, but I’m starting to hate fear fest guys .

14. Please show a better variety of scary movies next year for fearfeast this is starting too get ridiculous. I’m a big fan of scary movies and I anticipate when fearfeast comes around, but now I’m starting to dread the repetitive non scary movies you guys keep showing like tremors series, walking dead series, thinner etc these movies aren’t considered real Halloween scary movies. Please show more scary interesting movies like exorcist, child’s play, physco, Friday the 13th, Saw, poltergeist, dolls etc….. If this doesn’t change soon I will not participate in watching these movies anymore when this time comes around hopefully you guys make changes so I can continue watching fearfeast like the good ole days.

15. Echoing the sentiment I already see here, I too will ask that you stop with continual loops of Friday the 13th, Halloween, Child’s Play, and Nightmare on Elm Street. Surely there are other movies that can be aired.

16. love the halloween and friday the 13 movies but would love to see more of the old stuff to and some hills have eyes or something chane saw mas would be great to

17. Why oh why show the same movies over and over?!?! And more than once during the 2 week time period. You show the Shining once and in the late morning!!! I’m tired of watching the same movies over and over!

18. Plz stop showing movies on here that arent scary why not just show the 3 horror villians thats what halloween should b about.

Comments are closed.