AMC FearFest

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

AMC FearFest TV Schedule

What is FearFest? In 1997, AMC launched Monsterfest, a popular week-long marathon of horror movies and thrillers that aired in late October. On September 26, 2008, AMC announced the launch of a new horror-themed movie marathon for its October schedule called “Fearfest” which replaced Monsterfest.

AMC Fear Fest 2019 Schedule

Now in its 23rd consecutive year, AMC’s annual horror marathon FearFest is bringing the frights in the lead up to Halloween with 19 days of genre programming featuring 80 films and 400 hours of programming. Includes the iconic film franchises Halloween, Friday the 13th, Leprechaun, Alien, and Stephen King classics. FearFest programming will also be available to On-Demand platforms.

*date/times are subject to change -all times shown in Eastern*
(Last updated on 10/12/19)

Full schedule coming soon

Saturday, October 12, 2019

• 10:00pm – Jaws

Sunday, October 13, 2019

• 1:00am – Jaws 2
  • 3:30am – Jaws 3
  • 10:45am – Halloween II (2009)
  • 1:15pm – Halloween (2007)
  • 3:45pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 5:45pm – Halloween: Resurrection

Monday, October 14, 2019

• 9:00am – Halloween: Resurrection
  • 11:00am – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 1:00pm – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
  • 3:00pm – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • 5:00pm – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • 7:00pm – Halloween (1978)

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

• 1:31am – Omen IV: The Awakening
  • 9:00am – Corridors of Blood (1958)
  • 9:15am – How to Make a Monster (1958)
  • 9:30am – War of the Colossal Beast (1958)
  • 12:15pm – Damien: Omen II
  • 2:45pm – The Omen (1976)
  • 5:15pm – The Exorcist (1973)
  • 8:00pm – Carrie (2013)
  • 10:15pm – Carrie (1976)

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

• 12:30am – Orphan
  • 3:15am – The People Under the Stairs
  • 5:45am – Corridors of Blood (1958)
  • 9:00am – The Creation of the Humanoids (1962)
  • 9:15am – Voodoo Woman (1957)
  • 9:30am – Invasion of the Neptune Men (1961)
  • 9:45am – Village of the Damned (1995)
  • 12:00pm – An American Haunting
  • 2:00pm – Paranormal Activity 4
  • 4:00pm – Curse of Chucky
  • 6:00pm – Cult of Chucky
  • 8:00pm – Trick ‘r Treat
  • 10:00pm – The Purge

Thursday, October 17, 2019

• 12:00am – Paranormal Activity
  • 2:00am – Paranormal Activity 3
  • 5:07am – The Creation of the Humanoids (1962)
  • 5:22am – Voodoo Woman (1957)
  • 5:37am – Invasion of the Neptune Men (1961)
  • 9:00am – Jet Attack (1958)
  • 9:15am – Violent Midnight (1963)
  • 9:30am – Body Snatchers
  • 11:30am – House on Haunted Hill
  • 1:30pm – The Cabin in the Woods
  • 3:30pm – Trick ‘r Treat
  • 5:30pm – The Crazies
  • 8:00pm – Thirteen Ghosts
  • 10:05pm – Ghost Ship

Friday, October 18, 2019

• 9:00am – Tales from the Crypt Presents Demon Knight
  • 10:00am – Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
  • 12:00pm – Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
  • 2:00pm – Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
  • 4:00pm – Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
  • 6:00pm – Friday the 13th (2009)
  • 8:00pm – Friday the 13th (1980)
  • 10:00pm – Friday the 13th Part 2

Saturday, October 19, 2019

• 12:00am – Friday the 13th Part III
  • 2:00am – Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
  • 4:00am – Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
  • 6:00am – Graveyard Shift
  • 8:00am – Cujo
  • 10:00am – Misery
  • 12:00pm – Thinner
  • 2:30pm – Silver Bullet
  • 4:30pm – The Shining
  • 8:00pm – Christine
  • 10:00pm – Pet Sematary (1989)

Sunday, October 20, 2019

• 12:00am – Pet Sematary Two
  • 2:00am – Creepshow
  • 5:00am – Eli Roth’s History of Horror
  • 6:15am – Alien Resurrection
  • 8:45am – Final Destination 5
  • 10:45am – Final Destination
  • 12:45pm – Final Destination 2
  • 2:44pm – Final Destination 3
  • 4:43pm – The Final Destination

Monday, October 21, 2019

• 9:00am – Jet Attack
  • 9:15am – How to Make a Monster 91958)
  • 9:30am – Predator 2
  • 12:00pm – Predator
  • 2:30pm – Hellboy
  • 4:30pm – Hellboy II: The Golden Army
  • 7:00pm – Independence Day
  • 10:00pm – Independence Day

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

• 1:00am – Alien vs. Predator
  • 3:00am – Spawn
  • 5:00pm – Eli Roth’s History of Horror
  • 9:00am – Corridors of Blood (1958)
  • 9:15am – From Dusk Til Dawn 3: The Hangman’s Daughter
  • 11:15am – From Dusk Til Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money
  • 1:15pm – From Dusk Til Dawn
  • 3:15pm – The Rite
  • 5:45pm – Carrie (1976)
  • 8:00pm – Trick ‘r Treat
  • 10:00pm – Silver Bullet

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

• 12:00am – Fright Night (1985)
  • 2:30am – The Possession
  • 4:30am – Eli Roth’s History of Horror
  • 5:30am – Invasion of the Neptune Man (1961)
  • 5:45am – The Creation of the Humanoids (1962)
  • 9:00am – Prince of Darkness
  • 11:30am – The Apparition
  • 1:30pm – The Crazies
  • 4:00pm – Trick ‘r Treat
  • 6:00pm – Ghost Ship
  • 8:00pm – Thirteen Ghosts
  • 10:00pm – Final Destination 2

Thursday, October 24, 2019

• 12:00am – Final Destination 3
  • 2:00am – The Gallows
  • 4:00am – Eli Roth’s History of Horror
  • 5:00am – Eli Roth’s History of Horror
  • 9:00am – Violent Midnight (1963)
  • 9:15am – Voodoo Woman (1957)
  • 9:30am – Lost Souls
  • 11:15am – The Exorcist (1973)
  • 2:30pm – The Shining
  • 6:00pm – Halloween (1978)
  • 8:00pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 10:00pm – Halloween: Resurrection

Friday, October 25, 2019

• 3:14am – Leprechaun: Origins
  • 9:00am – Tanks of El Alamein (1958)
  • 9:15am – Suicide Battalion (1958)
  • 9:30am – War of the Colossal Beast (1958)
  • 9:45am – Tales from the Crypt (1972)
  • 11:15am – Annabelle
  • 2:00pm – Halloween: Resurrection
  • 4:00pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 6:00pm – Leprechaun (1993)
  • 8:00pm – Leprechaun 2
  • 10:00pm – Leprechaun 3

Saturday, October 26, 2019

• 12:00am – Leprechaun 4 in Space
  • 2:00am – Leprechaun in the Hood
  • 4:00am – Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood
  • 6:00am – War of the Colossal Beast (1958)
  • 7:00am – Cujo

• 4:47pm – Jurassic Park III

Monday, October 28, 2019

• 9:00am – Friday the 13th, Part VI: Jason Lives
  • 11:00am – Friday the 13th, Part VII: The New Blood
  • 1:00pm – Friday the 13th, Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
  • 3:00pm – Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
  • 5:00pm – Friday the 13th (2009)
  • 7:00pm – Friday the 13th (1980)
  • 9:00pm – Friday the 13th, Part 2
  • 11:00pm – Friday the 13th, Part III

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

• 1:00am – Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
  • 3:00am – Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
  • 9:00am – Halloween (1978)
  • 11:00am – Halloween 4
  • 1:00pm – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • 3:00pm – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • 5:00pm – Halloween (1978)
  • 7:00pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 9:00pm – Halloween (2007)
  • 11:30pm – Halloween: Resurrection

Archives

308 thoughts on “AMC FearFest

1. I have been disappointed. The last 6 year.s with fearfest what happen to the classic horror movies like the Wolfman. The invisible man. Draculia. Creature from the black lagoon werewolf of London ect the real horror classics Amc needs to being them back 100% they show cheap now. I do like pet cemetery. Thou. Show the classic.s again

1. I did love fear feast before. Now they show the same horror movies every October !! I really Don’t Like Friday the 13th sequels , they are So boring !! I Don’t Like the Child’s Play movies. I can’t stand Carrie either. A Nightmare On Elm Street Is Dumb too !!
      Leprechaun , Jaws & Paranormal Activity “is so Depressing & Dumb ” !!!

1. Wow no need to insult someone. If someone doesn’t like that movie then they don’t, why say what you did?

2. Somewhat improved BUT yeah Remember Hammer Studio films like Curse of the Werewolf, as well as my favorite Year You don’t Know jack. One night all Night and day, Vampires, then Werewolves then Zombies and so on

3. Couldn’t agree more. Even miss some of the crappy B movies they showed that were more current. Was very happy when they added Halloween but they’ve gone almost exclusively to crap, probably insanely cheap current “horror”. I miss very much Dracula, Wolfman, Invisible Man, etc.. all having days. Hell, MonsterFest was the first time I saw Young Frankenstein and they hosted it from the Universal lot. Though I’d go even further back than just 6 years. I’ve been disappointed for far longer, especially with them extending it every year they just add more crap.

1. you know what i happen to llike fear fest! so please dont ruin it for other people because of your blatant selfishness

1. I love Fearfest too!! Is there room for improvement? Absolutely, and I have made my opinion known about that on this site, but I have also stated that AMC Fearfest is still without a doubt THE BEST Halloween programming there is on television. Yes, I wish it was the whole month of October, yeah, I wish there was no Walking Dead, and yeah, I disagree with a lot of their movie choices and lament their omissions, but it’s still the best that tv has to offer during the Halloween season.

1. Totally agreed! I look forward to AMC’s Fear Fest every year! To me, it doesn’t matter what movies they’re playing. Because I’m a 100% horror movie fanatic and enjoy ALL horror movies! So, to have horror movies on all day and night for the majority of October, is freakin awesome! AMC, keep up the good work! 👍

4. How about the Hammer horror movies? Scares without overblown gore. Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee are amazing actors. Let see some of those movies on Fear fest

5. Ive noticed COMET channel has been showing lot of 80’s and before classic horror….. also stream for free 100’s of horror for free check out justwatch.com to find out where

1. The walking dead is getting old
        Jaws to me has nothing to do with Halloween and the movie mystery also why on amc it has nothing to do with Halloween
        Ore Halloween movies should be added
        Especially original ones

2. Someone a few days ago posted something about AMC showing Dawn Of The Dead (1978 Romero’s version) for Fear Fest. I don’t know why but there is a reason why it is never shown on cable, or ever on any movie channel, not sure if there is some sort of copyright or other reason why it isn’t/can’t be shown. It is on Youtube though. Anyone know anything why DOTD78 is never seen on tv?

1. Thanks for letting me know about that, I always wondered why, because it was probably the best Zombie movie every made. Its a cult classic that everybody talks about but it is never on TV. I know it is a very, very long movie but they could cut out the dead parts in the movie, no pun intended… Again thanks for giving your input. Thats a shame though its never on TV

1. Yes it’s very gory but I love it ! They should show it, I mean the walking dead was pretty gory too but, we do need more of the classic horror films. I used to be a major walking dead fan but I’ve fallen off , I’m getting sorta tired 😴 of it, but I still have love and respect for the show. I really enjoy fear fest, it’s my favorite time of the year, Xmas and Halloween are my best holidays ever!!! I’m more inclined to believe I love Halloween more. Go fear fest!!!!

3. Personally, I would love it if AMC would show the original John Carpenter’s Halloween (1978) for the entire day and night of October 31st, kinda like 24 hours of a Christmas Story which they put on every Christmas on one of the main networks. I would love to see 24 hours of the original “Halloween”. I mean, it’s only the greatest horror movie of all-time and, let’s face it, one could do a lot worse than showing 24 hours of”Halloween” on Halloween.

1. Yes I agree 100% that it should actually show all the original john carpenter’s Halloween for 24 hrs straight. Plus all the other Halloween movies, not the rob zombies crap. There is nothing to compare to john carpenter’s original 1978 classic Halloween. I was 11 yrs old when it came out

4. You know, I love the movie “Jaws”, but I think that movie and its sequels are a really poor way to kick off Fearfest. The Halloween season represents the end of summer, the festival of Samhain—-not a 25-foot great white shark terrorizing swimmers off Amity Island.

1. I soooo agree with you, I really think it should not be considered in the horror collection at all!! What a weak choice of films for fear fest.

5. The full schedule for AMC Fearfest is not up yet, but from what I see thus far, there are some good scary movies being shown this year like John Carpenter’s “Halloween”. Now, hopefully, AMC schedules “Halloween” on Halloween at least multiple times because that’s the ultimate Halloween horror movie viewing experience, hands down! It looks like they will show most of the Halloween sequels again, but I don’t see the best ones like the original sequel “Halloween 2” (1981) starring Donald Pleasance——and, NO, I am not talking about the Rob Zombie remake rubbish!! Also, I don’t see “Halloween 3” Season of the Witch. Personally, I have grown to really appreciate “Halloween 3” Season of the Witch; I know, I know….Michael Myers is not in it, but it has a great Halloween motif/theme, creepy John Carpenter soundtrack to it, and Tom Atkins does a terrific job in what is actually a very innovative Halloween movie. If the movie had simply been named “Season of the Witch” or “Samhain”, “Halloween 3” would have been much better received when initially released. The other classic horror movies worth watching are: “The Exorcist” (1973), “The Shining”, “The Omen” 1976, “Damien: Omen 2” (1978), “Carrie” (1976), “Paranormal Activity”, “Paranormal Activity 3”, the Friday the 13th movies are good, “Silver Bullet”, “Christine”, and “Pet Semetary” (1989). So, there are some really good movies on AMC Fearfest this year, BUT you may have to work in order to see them. In other words, be sure to set your DVR because a lot of the great classics like “The Omen” movies are being shown at stupid times like noon on a weekday when everybody is at work!! Unfortunately, the movies that AMC has selected for their primetime slots are pretty poor, so once again, you’ll have to work to get the best out of Fearfest. Keep in mind, only a partial list of AMC Fearfest has been released, so we’ll get to see more later, and hopefully the great horror movies will be shown at better times going forward. Crossing my fingers…

6. About a week ago I commented on why they never had the 1978 George A Romero’s Dawn of the Dead on TV. I was trying to find a answer but still haven’t yet. Again i know its a long movie and there is a lot of gore but it is the best Zombie movie of all time. I wish i could find an answer on that. The 2004 Dawn of the Dead movie is on all of the time. And there is a lot of Zombie movies with a lot of gore. Thanks for the emails giving me information on the matter. If anybody has any other information on this and may know why email and let us know..

1. Hi Josh, from what I understand the rights to Dawn of the Dead are controlled/owned by producer Richard P. Rubinstein. In order to play the movie on TV, networks would have to pay him for rights to air it. He has made outrageous demands in the past in regards to it being released on DVD so I am assuming no network can afford the costs he may ask for to air it on TV. Hope that helps.

1. That makes a lot of sense, why can’t Richard P. Rubinstein stop being so money hungry and just cut a deal with whatever networks are in the ball park of what he wants. Its taking away from people that may have not seen that movie before. I know Im asking a lot of questions but what kind of demands did he actually want for this movie to be on Television. In the long run you would think its helping him out because you have the movie with a lot more exposure if he puts it on television. It doesn’t make any sense because i never heard of this before with any other film. Sooner or later there on HBO and then eventually trickle down to cable. I am a big Zombie fan and this was never brought to light. I mean I never heard George A Romero commented on this either. I know in the past he had a copyright issue with Night of the Living dead, but other then that I haven’t heard anything thing with Richard P. Rubinstein and this. Again thanks for the info…..

2. Thank you for clearing this one up. I figured it had something to do with owning rights. Too bad it’s never on tv… although it would be heavily edited and that would ruin the whole point of it being on cable.

7. You know, it’s interesting, you see a lot of people talking about the original Dawn of the Dead and how it never comes on tv, but what about the original “When A Stranger Calls” (1979). That is one of the greatest horror movies of all-time, and the first 20 minutes of that movie is the scariest 20 minutes in horror movie history! You also never see the original Black Christmas on tv either, but I agree with everyone because these great horror movies need to be shown, especially during Halloween.

1. Dear Dr. Horror… referring to an earlier post of yours… & all due respect, but ARE YOU MAD?!?! I can’t think of anything worse than 24 HOURS WORTH of “Halloween”. Yes maybe once or twice during AMC fear fest, or even three times… but 24 hours straight?? I think not. Albeit a classic, one can only take so much, especially when there are innumerable other great horror films. Not to mention the fact, that many other cable channels will be showing “Halloween“ as well. In response to your comment that it’s the “greatest horror movie of all time“ – You can’t be serious? Yes, it is a bloody good film… Or should I say – a good bloody film? (sorry, couldn’t resist) However, in my humble opinion, it’s not binge worthy. Good day to you sir.

8. I love watching Halloween moves back in the 1980 because it never get to boring and all that blood and gotis because when you look at all that holly wood KRAP stop and think what every good moves since year ago back than so many people got old and pretty much pass way over the year’s

9. I like the classic movies like a Halloween and Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street the George Romero collection Stephen King’s movies but I’m so sick and tired of them always always showing The Exorcist movies it seems like that’s all they ever want to show they need to cut that out for a couple of years and just show Classic Movies they could start showing some new kind of horror movies like The Puppet Master Series and maybe some other B rated movies

10. Hatchet would be cool anything with Kane Hodder. You must have the first 1978 Halloween nightmare on elm street Friday the 13th. The first 5-8 days you could have like classic week plus a 1/2 day from the 30s -70. Knight of the living dead the 85 or 93 I dont care. there both cool. Phantasm yes that Barracuda is awesome I liked that movie

11. I love AMC during this time of year! My only problem is that I don’t understand why they always play series out of order.

12. Hey did you guys and girls here of the new movie coming out on Net flix called Army of the Dead? Well it is a sequel to the 2004 version of Dawn of the Dead. Zach Snyder is directing it, and if you never heard of him he directed Superman the movie a couple years ago and other high budget movies as well. He was the one who directed the 2004 Dawn of the Dead also. He wanted to make another movie for a sequel to Dawn of the Dead earlier but I believe Paramount was not letting him shop for all the groceries and giving him a unlimited credit card on the matter. So Netflix came in and is giving him 90 to a 100 million to play with and he has full control and can do anything he wants. So finally it will be on Netflix in 2020…I can’t wait on this…Its been way to long for a second one to come around, and it takes place in vegas. When you have a chance look it up. And Im still waiting for World War Z 2, it has been going back and fourth for a start date for filming. hopefully they start it soon, and I also heard there is going to be a 28 years later……..The first movie was great and the first 15 mins of the second movie of 28 was one of the best openings I ever seen for a zombie movie….Let me know what you think

13. After reading these comments I’m glad other people feel the way I do. I disagree having the walking dead during fear fest. The lineup looks good so far except for jaws. I hope they include all the nightmare on elm streets and some b rated horror flicks you dont normally see. The Monday oct 21 lineup looks like crap. Overall I guess I should be lucky fear fest is even a thing anymore since the world is going soft. So thank you amc for continuing fear fest.

14. I also think they should show some of the old universal classics, and I agree Jaws is a great movie but not a Halloween movie….I wish they would also show the original Salems Lot by Stephen King and the original It…

15. what the heck are these 2 movies doing in the lineup? …..
    9:00am – Tanks of El Alamein (1958)
    9:15am – Suicide Battalion (1958)
    they’re WAR movies, for heaven’s sake!

thanks for putting in all the final destination movies!
    the overall lineup looks p-r-e-t-t-y good so far!
    and yeah, i agree with the comments above regarding showing the movie (series) in the proper order. just makes lots of sence.

thanks AMC!

16. What about the evil dead beneath the darkness there’s a lot I can’t think of AMC needs to come up with new ones its same ones every year drag me to hell there a good one wish they make pt 2 there many more if they took the time to look ????????????????????????

17. I’m honestly disappointed with this selection! I look forward to this every year and the excess in Jaws and Jurassic Park makes no sense to me. I’m still happy that they’re doing it, but each year, it feels more and more like they don’t care. Normally, it’s marathons of Friday the 13th and Halloween (which is what I like) and I loved when they used to include Universal Monster movies. I agree absolutely with not showing the movies in order too? That’s really annoying! Oct 14 is looking the best for me :), but no Halloween II (1981)? I really hope the last few days are dedicated to the Halloween franchise (NOT including any Rob Zombie “remake”).

18. Sheesh, so many people complaining. I understand wanting to see certain movies and giving suggestions but don’t be so rude about it! At least they’re showing something, that’s always better than nothing!

1. I have always said that each year about Fearfest. If you don’t like the movies stop complaining about it. We have too many options in today’s world. You can have your own fearfest and watch the movies you want to watch. There’s TCM, Syfy and other channels to watch horror movies on. I love this time of year and I will enjoy fearfest like I do every year. Thank you Amc

1. Im with you, you can’t make everybody happy but to have Jaws on for fear fest as the opener, maybe for shark week. You do a great job AMC though keep it up…