AMC FearFest

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

AMC FearFest TV Schedule

What is FearFest? In 1997, AMC launched Monsterfest, a popular week-long marathon of horror movies and thrillers that aired in late October. On September 26, 2008, AMC announced the launch of a new horror-themed movie marathon for its October schedule called “Fearfest” which replaced Monsterfest.

AMC Fear Fest 2019 Schedule

Now in its 23rd consecutive year, AMC’s annual horror marathon FearFest is bringing the frights in the lead up to Halloween with 19 days of genre programming featuring 80 films and 400 hours of programming. Includes the iconic film franchises Halloween, Friday the 13th, Leprechaun, Alien, and Stephen King classics. FearFest programming will also be available to On-Demand platforms.

*date/times are subject to change -all times shown in Eastern*
(Last updated on 10/26/19)

Saturday, October 12, 2019

• 10:00pm – Jaws

Sunday, October 13, 2019

• 1:00am – Jaws 2
  • 3:30am – Jaws 3
  • 10:45am – Halloween II (2009)
  • 1:15pm – Halloween (2007)
  • 3:45pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 5:45pm – Halloween: Resurrection

Monday, October 14, 2019

• 9:00am – Halloween: Resurrection
  • 11:00am – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 1:00pm – Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
  • 3:00pm – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • 5:00pm – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • 7:00pm – Halloween (1978)

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

• 1:31am – Omen IV: The Awakening
  • 9:00am – Corridors of Blood (1958)
  • 9:15am – How to Make a Monster (1958)
  • 9:30am – War of the Colossal Beast (1958)
  • 12:15pm – Damien: Omen II
  • 2:45pm – The Omen (1976)
  • 5:15pm – The Exorcist (1973)
  • 8:00pm – Carrie (2013)
  • 10:15pm – Carrie (1976)

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

• 12:30am – Orphan
  • 3:15am – The People Under the Stairs
  • 5:45am – Corridors of Blood (1958)
  • 9:00am – The Creation of the Humanoids (1962)
  • 9:15am – Voodoo Woman (1957)
  • 9:30am – Invasion of the Neptune Men (1961)
  • 9:45am – Village of the Damned (1995)
  • 12:00pm – An American Haunting
  • 2:00pm – Paranormal Activity 4
  • 4:00pm – Curse of Chucky
  • 6:00pm – Cult of Chucky
  • 8:00pm – Trick ‘r Treat
  • 10:00pm – The Purge

Thursday, October 17, 2019

• 12:00am – Paranormal Activity
  • 2:00am – Paranormal Activity 3
  • 5:07am – The Creation of the Humanoids (1962)
  • 5:22am – Voodoo Woman (1957)
  • 5:37am – Invasion of the Neptune Men (1961)
  • 9:00am – Jet Attack (1958)
  • 9:15am – Violent Midnight (1963)
  • 9:30am – Body Snatchers
  • 11:30am – House on Haunted Hill
  • 1:30pm – The Cabin in the Woods
  • 3:30pm – Trick ‘r Treat
  • 5:30pm – The Crazies
  • 8:00pm – Thirteen Ghosts
  • 10:05pm – Ghost Ship

Friday, October 18, 2019

• 9:00am – Tales from the Crypt Presents Demon Knight
  • 10:00am – Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
  • 12:00pm – Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
  • 2:00pm – Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
  • 4:00pm – Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
  • 6:00pm – Friday the 13th (2009)
  • 8:00pm – Friday the 13th (1980)
  • 10:00pm – Friday the 13th Part 2

Saturday, October 19, 2019

• 12:00am – Friday the 13th Part III
  • 2:00am – Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
  • 4:00am – Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
  • 6:00am – Graveyard Shift
  • 8:00am – Cujo
  • 10:00am – Misery
  • 12:00pm – Thinner
  • 2:30pm – Silver Bullet
  • 4:30pm – The Shining
  • 8:00pm – Christine
  • 10:00pm – Pet Sematary (1989)

Sunday, October 20, 2019

• 12:00am – Pet Sematary Two
  • 2:00am – Creepshow
  • 5:00am – Eli Roth’s History of Horror
  • 6:15am – Alien Resurrection
  • 8:45am – Final Destination 5
  • 10:45am – Final Destination
  • 12:45pm – Final Destination 2
  • 2:44pm – Final Destination 3
  • 4:43pm – The Final Destination

Monday, October 21, 2019

• 9:00am – Jet Attack
  • 9:15am – How to Make a Monster 91958)
  • 9:30am – Predator 2
  • 12:00pm – Predator
  • 2:30pm – Hellboy
  • 4:30pm – Hellboy II: The Golden Army
  • 7:00pm – Independence Day
  • 10:00pm – Independence Day

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

• 1:00am – Alien vs. Predator
  • 3:00am – Spawn
  • 5:00pm – Eli Roth’s History of Horror
  • 9:00am – Corridors of Blood (1958)
  • 9:15am – From Dusk Til Dawn 3: The Hangman’s Daughter
  • 11:15am – From Dusk Til Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money
  • 1:15pm – From Dusk Til Dawn
  • 3:15pm – The Rite
  • 5:45pm – Carrie (1976)
  • 8:00pm – Trick ‘r Treat
  • 10:00pm – Silver Bullet

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

• 12:00am – Fright Night (1985)
  • 2:30am – The Possession
  • 4:30am – Eli Roth’s History of Horror
  • 5:30am – Invasion of the Neptune Man (1961)
  • 5:45am – The Creation of the Humanoids (1962)
  • 9:00am – Prince of Darkness
  • 11:30am – The Apparition
  • 1:30pm – The Crazies
  • 4:00pm – Trick ‘r Treat
  • 6:00pm – Ghost Ship
  • 8:00pm – Thirteen Ghosts
  • 10:00pm – Final Destination 2

Thursday, October 24, 2019

• 12:00am – Final Destination 3
  • 2:00am – The Gallows
  • 4:00am – Eli Roth’s History of Horror
  • 5:00am – Eli Roth’s History of Horror
  • 9:00am – Violent Midnight (1963)
  • 9:15am – Voodoo Woman (1957)
  • 9:30am – Lost Souls
  • 11:15am – The Exorcist (1973)
  • 2:30pm – The Shining
  • 6:00pm – Halloween (1978)
  • 8:00pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 10:00pm – Halloween: Resurrection

Friday, October 25, 2019

• 3:14am – Leprechaun: Origins
  • 9:00am – Tanks of El Alamein (1958)
  • 9:15am – Suicide Battalion (1958)
  • 9:30am – War of the Colossal Beast (1958)
  • 9:45am – Tales from the Crypt (1972)
  • 11:15am – Annabelle
  • 2:00pm – Halloween: Resurrection
  • 4:00pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 6:00pm – Leprechaun (1993)
  • 8:00pm – Leprechaun 2
  • 10:00pm – Leprechaun 3

Saturday, October 26, 2019

• 12:00am – Leprechaun 4 in Space
  • 2:00am – Leprechaun in the Hood
  • 4:00am – Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood
  • 6:00am – War of the Colossal Beast (1958)
  • 7:00am – Cujo

• 4:47pm – Jurassic Park III

Monday, October 28, 2019

• 9:00am – Friday the 13th, Part VI: Jason Lives
  • 11:00am – Friday the 13th, Part VII: The New Blood
  • 1:00pm – Friday the 13th, Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
  • 3:00pm – Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
  • 5:00pm – Friday the 13th (2009)
  • 7:00pm – Friday the 13th (1980)
  • 9:00pm – Friday the 13th, Part 2
  • 11:00pm – Friday the 13th, Part III

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

• 1:00am – Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
  • 3:00am – Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
  • 9:00am – Halloween (1978)
  • 11:00am – Halloween 4
  • 1:00pm – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • 3:00pm – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • 5:00pm – Halloween (1978)
  • 7:00pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 9:00pm – Halloween (2007)
  • 11:30pm – Halloween: Resurrection

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

• 1:30am – Halloween II
  • 4:00am – Halloween 4
  • 9:00am – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • 11:00am – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • 1:00pm – Halloween II
  • 3:30pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 5:30pm – Halloween (2007)
  • 8:00pm – Halloween: Resurrection
  • 10:00pm – Halloween (1978)

October 31, 2019

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

• 12:00am – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 2:00am – Halloween 4
  • 4:00am – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • 11:00am – Halloween 4
  • 1:00pm – Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • 3:00pm – Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
  • 5:00pm – Halloween: Resurrection
  • 7:00pm – Halloween (1978)
  • 9:00pm – Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  • 11:00pm – Halloween II (2009)

November 1, 2019

• 1:30am – Halloween: Resurrection
  • 3:30am – Halloween 4
  • 5:30am – Corridors of Blood (1958)
  • 5:45am – How to Make a Monster (1958)

Archives

353 thoughts on “AMC FearFest

1. I have to agree with most comments. I have been disappointed last few years. The first Michael Myers Halloween is the best one but played the least! There are so many great classic/not so classic horror movies to include such as Salem’s Lot, Jack the Ripper, werewolf of London,When a stranger calls etc. It’s also disappointing that the movies don’t start until mid October.

1. you said it. Who schedules for AMC Fearfest anyways?! The original Halloween (1978) needs to be played more. Classics need to be played more. Very frustrating.

1. Jaws, jaws, really? What the he’ll does jaws have to do with Halloween? Seems no one at AMC wants to listen, to the people that pay their bills.

2. I do agree with you on that, that usually start the fearfest movies early, but they start then at a later time which is totally unfair, I wish they would go back to the way it us was back then showing all the horror classic movies

1. I’m not sure about everybody else but please play the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead. It’s one of the best horror movies of all time and yet it hasn’t been played on fear fest yet…..

2. DAMN RIGHT!!! THE WALKING DEAD IS AMAZING BUT WE HAVE THIS YEAR ROUND AND THEY SHOULD LEAVE THE WALKING DEAD OUT OF FEAR FEST! NOTHING LIKE SEEING THE CLASSICS ,THEY ARE WHAT MAKES HALLOWEEN WHAT IT REALLY SHOULD BE!! “DEATH HAS COME TO YOUR LITTLE TOWN” #MICHAELMYERSA.K.A.THEBOGGIEMAN!!

3. Why does it seem every year the Fear Fest marathon gets worse? No effort goes into planning the movies and you repeat the same ones over and over and not even in proper sequence. There are so many great horror movies but you continue to play the same ones! I would like to speak to whomever is responsible for selecting the movies and times they air because they should be fired! Give me a shot AMC, I would create the best Fear Fest movie schedule thus far! people look forward to Fear fest but its just a disappointment year after year!!

1. I agree I couldn’t have said it better myself , mid October like the 19th I totally agree that’s insane, same movies every year It would be nice airing classic movies although I still like all the Halloween movies Micheal Myers , continues to broadcast during the last few days before Halloween well I guess I would be going on amazon watching my classics once again way starting October 1st.

1. That’s why I hated when the changed the format from Monsterfest to fearfest. Monsterfest was awesome each year, it never disappointed at all. From 97- 08 it was the best because it never showed the same movies over & over. I personally like it when it was only a week it just seems like I appreciated and enjoyed the movies. Amc cared alot about Monster/fearfest back then. Now its all about Walking dead. We dont even see Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing. We get garabe movies that ain’t even scary. Bring back the classics with a mix of 80’s slashers along with Godzilla movies. Have Joe bob briggs be the host!!!

4. Please go back to. Monsterfest,the wolfman,dracula,Frankenstein. At least show these CLASSICS.l would record every movie during MONSTERFEST. On vhs,l quit after 2006 ,the schedule has gotten so boring same ol movies year after year.

1. I totally agree with you! A week of the oldies but goodies was great! The movies they make today work too hard to tell me when to be scared. Let me decide please!

5. AMC, would you ever consider showing “Halloween Resurrection”? I know, I know, this sorry excuse of a sequel destroyed the Halloween franchise, was needless, pointless, etc,etc.; but I just love it! It is fun and funny and really, really creepy- it has everything a gore glutton would want, & I’m sure I speak for the other three fans out there! (Ok, ha ha). Seriously, I wish AMC and the Fear Fest viewers would give Resurrection another look – it might actually grow on you.

6. I was a little disappointed that the Stephen King (I love this man’s books and film adaptations) tribute on Fear Fest 2018 (Saturday 10/20/18) did not include two of his classics, “Pet Sematary” and “Pet Sematary 2”. AMC could have used this opportunity to promote the new revamp of the upcoming “Pet Sematary” movie (2019) like they did with “Halloween” (John Carpenter and Jamie Lee Curtis talking on a couch); although I feel like “Misery”, “1408” and “The Mist” were great movie adaptations of his works they just don’t have the horror/Halloween atmosphere that “Pet Sematary” and “Pet Sematary 2” do.

Overall I am really enjoying Fear Fest 2018, thank you AMC; on a side note TCM should take a page from your book and play all of the horror classics from the 40’s to the 60’s during this wonderful time of the year.

7. It would be great if AMC had played “The Omen” (1976) and “Damien: Omen 2” (1978). Both are great horror movies, which fit right into their horror marathon theme. Instead, AMC is playing the remake of “The Omen” (2006), which is truly terrible. I would have loved to have seen an “Amityville Horror” marathon as well, at least (“Amityville Horror”, “Amityville II: The Possession”, and “Amityville 3D”) parts 1-3, all of which are good and scary. They could even throw in the Amityville remake with Ryan Reynolds, which isn’t a bad movie. That being said, I am so happy that AMC has continued to the “Halloween” movie marathon because nothing gives the Halloween horror feeling better than the “Halloween” movies. “Halloween” parts 1-3 are my favorites (yes, even Season of the Witch), but Halloween 4-7 are all watchable. However, I draw the line with the Rob Zombie remakes which I believe completely fail and are categorically inferior to the original in every conceivable way. With all of this being said, AMC Fearfest is the undisputed King of Halloween horror movies…wish they would make it the whole month of October though!! Thanks for this site!!!

8. This is by far the best year of scary movie marathons on tv. Amc showing a Friday the 13th marathon on Sat. Oct. 27th, followed by a Halloween marathon on the 31sr. Then you have Paramount showing Nightmare on Elm St marathon, Starz having a Scream marathon, then having a classic monster marathon on Starz classic. Also syfy, tcm, hbo, cinemax and elrey have marathons too. I haven’t seen marathons like this since Saturday Oct. 31st 1998.This reminds me of the 80’s were almost every channel would show scary movies. Thank you for finally listening and giving the true horror movie lover what we need and want!!!!!😃

1. Another great horror movie is “Salem’s Lot” (1979) starring David Soul and James Mason. I wish AMC Fearfest would add this movie to their horrorthon as well. In my opinion, this movie is one of the scariest movies of all-time and is inexplicably underrated. It goes quite well for the Halloween season as well. Can’t wait for AMC Fearfest 2019…let the countdown begin!! I got Halloween hangover right now. 🙁

9. Dr. Horror’s personal 100 days of Halloween begins tomorrow…BUT, I can’t wait to see the new schedule for AMC Fearfest for Halloween 2019. I recommend more of the Halloween movies, focusing on parts 1, 2, 3 (no Myers but underrated), and 4. I’m okay with the others, but they really go down after part 4 in my opinion. Also, I would like to see “Salem’s Lot” (1979), “The Omen”, “Damien: Omen II”, “The Exorcist”, “The Shining”, “Amityville Horror”, “Amityville II: The Possession”, “Amityville 3”, “Sinister”, “The Blair Witch Project”, “The Conjuring”, “The Last Exorcism”, “The Houses that October Built”, “Hell House, LLC”, the original “When a Stranger Calls”, “He Knows You’re Alone”, “Pet Semetery”, “The Funhouse”, “The Silver Bullet”, the original “Nightmare on Elm Street” and “Friday the 13th” again parts 1-6. Some of these movies are based on a Halloween theme and are perfect for the season. Others are simply classic horror movies that are perfect for Fearfest. And, finally, I have included some lesser know Halloween-based horror movies which may not be great movies in and of themselves, but are certainly good for the season. AMC Fearfest would do well to show all of these movies, and simply cut out “The Walking Dead”, which simply doesn’t fit the Halloween theme and takes away from the season’s theme.

10. how about ending fearfest with all the original monster flicks wolfman,dracula,frankenstien,the invisable man,all the good ones.

11. Yes to the Halloween and Friday the 13th series and the other classic horror movies. Please, please, please NO Rob Zombie’s 2007 and 2009 Halloween movies or The Walking Dead. Thank you!

12. Hey AMC My favorite horror movies for this coming horror fest 2019 would be all the freddy movies just the ones with Robert Englund not the new one because that movie sucked… Chucky childs play all and the new one as well.. Friday the 13th movies , I like micheal myers movies Halloween but you guys show that every year.. I understand Halloween coming and play them on the day of Halloween.. But too make it more scary show some texas chainsaw movies… But guys these are some of my favorites but I have so much more but its too much to mention…

13. Hello i love fear fest i love walking dead please leave out walking this year and every year during the fear fest season we see it every year when it come on fir reuns or new season. Walking should be out of the fear fest line up and start the season after fear fest thank you AMC

1. I totally agree please no Walking Dead marathon. I just want movies, movies, movies. I would love to see them bring back Backstory.

14. I think FearFest should first of all get new graphics. Give it more of a classic halloween look. AMC should add Psycho 1-4 and Stephen King’s Rose Red and more less seen classics like that. I love the way FearFest premieres a new movie like they did with Jeepers Creepers 3 and Cult of Chucky. And look forward every year to the Halloween, Friday the 13th, Child’s Play/Chucky, A nightmare on elm street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (but would love to see parts 1,2,3&4), and The Stephen King Movies (please add Rose Red). But I think we all could do without another Walking Dead Marathon. All and All I love FearFest, and even though I dislike Bride, Seed, & Cult of Chucky & hate the Jason movies (Not the friday the 13th films, they are awesome) I understand that AMC FearFest is for all Horror / Halloween fans and they got to show movies that appeals to everyone. Some people love those movies and to them it would not be halloween without them.

15. I wish AMC would not include Walking Dead. It is like an everyday TV series.
    Also, the Friday the 13th movies should only be 1-5. Rest are not even scary.
    I have to agree with the other comments. AMC should add other movies such as
    American Werewolf in London, Fright Night (the original), The Shining, The Omen (original),
    Carrie (original), Psycho, Cujo, The Blair Witch Project. House of Wax, Dracula(1979).
    On Actual Halloween Eve and Night they should play Halloween 1, 2 and 3 more than
    the other Halloweens. Those were the best ones.

16. Love FearFest – wish it was for the month of October instead of only part of the month!

It would be great if, this year, we had all the movies in the series for:
    CANDYMAN

DON’T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK
    THE FOG (1980)
    GHOST SHIP
    STIGMATA
    ROSEMARY’S BABY
    TARANTULA (1955)

and, please leave out walking dead — it’s on most days anyway!

Thanks!

17. Please stop showing the Halloween movie remakes from the 2000’s. Show the original 1-6 + H20 please.

More classic horror movies, especially from the 70’s. More Satanic and Vampire movies please.

Comments are closed.